JOB SPECIFICATION: Business Development Manager
Jackson Switchgear is one of Ireland’s largest designers
and manufacturers of low and medium voltage electrical switchgear. Following
significant growth in Ireland, the company is now expanding
and has a requirement for an enthusiastic Business Development
Manager to spearhead its growth both at home and abroad.
Based in Dublin initially, this highly motivated individual
will have a proven track record of sales and marketing in
the electrical industry and will have a thorough knowledge
of the market and the procurement procedures that govern
the industry. An engineering or other technical degree
or equivalent is also essential.
This is a key role within Jackson Switchgear, and the successful
candidate will be part of the management team responsible
for the success and implementation of the development strategy.
As it will be necessary to provide customers with technical
assistance from time to time, an ability to show awareness
of the technical issues pertaining to low and medium electrical
switchgear is essential.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an ambitious individual
to develop and grow with this successful and rapidly expanding
- Day to day responsibility of the sales and development
- Work with Irish Management Team to develop a Sales Strategy
- Generate new business leads using a variety of marketing
and advertising methods and achieve target conversion rate
on those leads
- Identify and actively manage key relationships, develop
strong and fruitful relationships with key customers at
a Senior level
- Deliver high calibre of customer service
- Attend technical briefings and site visits to secure
- Develop, supervise, monitor and motivate other field
- Increase the profile of the company through targeted
- Liaise with the Estimation team and ensure accuracy and
quality of quotes
- Work within key defined budgets and targets
- Be able to introduce and implement sales development
- Proven ability to close business deals and negotiate
- Highly self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational
- Ability to priorities workloads and manage time accordingly
- The ability to problem solve and deal with unforeseen
situations which may arise efficiently and promptly
- Excellent computer skills
Full driving license is required.
Extensive traveling from time to time.